Bowery Mural

Still waiting in limbo...

Sunday 27 April 2008

Yes I'm still waiting in limbo to hear whether or not I've managed to secure a good pay rise and a hefty dose of back pay! All down to a regrading exercise carried out at work which was due to be sorted out in August 2006!!! Yeah that's right August 2006. After months of deliberating and filling out of a form which ended up 10 pages long, the end is nearly in sight. I can honestly say I'm a bit nervous just in case it doesn't come through but I'm trying to stay positive. Tuesday is hopefully going to be THE day when i find out!!! Wish me luck!


Anyway I've been putting my plans to trek to Everest Base Camp on hold until then. This hasn't stopped me buying new boots, new trousers and colour tagging all the items I'd like in the summer 08 edition of the Ellis Brigham catalogue. I'm beginning to love shopping for kit. My training is beginning this week in earnest. A few long waks breaking in the new boots, lthough they are a pretty good fit. Any other tips woud be greatly appreciated!!

So in between checking out blogs and progress reports from current expeditions to summit Everest http://www.everestchallenge.org.uk/ and try not to get too excited about this trek I've been watching a few good dvd's recently and listening to some good music. Here is my recommendation, the movie Once. Brilliant. http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=JPbC2YrUUsI

I'll update more, with hopefully some good news, during the week.
To all those who are embarking upon an expedition to or are half way up Everest - well done, stay safe, keep smiling.
Ange.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for reading. Leave a comment! I read them all x