Bowery Mural

Fundraising - an update

Monday 22 February 2010

Today was a day off work.  A holiday after a busy week last week.  A day to have a slightly long lie in after a few late nights staying up to watch the Winter Olympics.

A letter dropped through the letterbox and it was such as surprise.  It was a letter from Marie Curie Cancer Care congratulating me on completing the trek and thanking me for the funds that I raised together with your help.

The long and the short of the letter is confirmation that I raised £4000 - yay!  And for every £20 we raised Marie Curie Cancer Care provides one hour's nursing care to someone with a terminal illness in their own home.  £160 allows for a full night shift.  I don't know about you but i think it was well worth it.  I think you've helped me make a few people's lives a little bit easier with care in their own homes at a time where all they might want to be is in their own homes and beds.  I always wondered what the money would be used for, and now i know.

Once again, many many thanks to all of you who sponsored me and helped me fundraise.  Together we have done something very good.

Ange x

For those who are new readers you can read the journey of my trek to Everest Base Camp in April 2009

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for reading. Leave a comment! I read them all x