Bowery Mural

The Olympic Torch

Wednesday 13 June 2012


This Olympic torch is making it's way around the country just now. Earlier this morning it passed by the front gate of the University of Stirling (incidentally, where I work). We headed down to catch a glimpse of it. There are some photos below.

I have to say that for a minute there I got all patriotic. That soon disappeared when the corporate sponsored Olympic floats came into view. All Coca Cola, Samsung and Bank of Scotland. Pah.

There weren't any 'famous' people carrying the torch around these parts but it must've been great for the young girl who ran past us. Something she can tell people for the rest of her life. Pretty cool.




Angela x

.

1 comment:

  1. The torch arrives here in Bedford on the 8th July. It goes past really near my house so I'm hoping to go watch but I'm not sure if I'll make it.

    There's so much else going on that weekend I might have to be in town rather than on the route - which would kind of be shame given that the chances of the Olympics coming back to the UK in my life is really small.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for reading. Leave a comment! I read them all x