Bowery Mural

Healthy and Fit, a little old update

Tuesday 7 January 2014


It's been a few months since I wrote about my fitness routine. To be totally honest, in December it kind of fell by the wayside. I was down to one or two classes per week. This was due to a combination of external factors. Work being busy, rubbish dark weather nights, not 'feeling' it, and generally just feeling out of sorts really. All pretty lame excuses I know but I feel it was an inner voice telling me I needed a little break. And so I did just that. And then I got the worst cold i've had for a while. Typical.

Over Christmas there's a limited timetable of classes taking place at The Peak (my local gym). But I did manage to drag myself along to about three of them and I tell you something for nothing, it really made me feel better. I didn't feel as guilty that I'd been overindulging in all things chocolate related. It really was good to get back into the swing of things too. Last Friday night's spin class was amazingly hard but brilliant feelings afterwards. Exercise where you almost del sick will do that to you.

Yesterday the timetabled classes started afresh for the new year and I'm planning on hitting up my regular classes and perhaps add more actual gym work in a few days too. As the truth is I haven't actually been in the gym part of the building in over a year. I do classes and then go to the smaller gym over at the Forthbank football stadium to do shock fit (HIIT (high intensity interval training) weights class).

So the routine will go something like this:

Monday - Velocity blast (high intensity 30 minute spin bike class) and then Faster, higher, stronger class (30 minute HIIT with agility, strength and plyometric exercises).
Tuesday - Shockfit (50 minute weight and body weight routine class)
Wednesday - Les Mills RPM (50 minute spin bike class)
Thursday - no gym day, but may become a gym session day, we'll see.
Friday - Velocity (1 hour high intensity spin bike class)
Saturday - Faster, Higher, Stronger.

EDIT: Monday's Faster, Higher, Stronger class was cardio heavy so I may swap the Velocity Blast class for a body pump class - with weights.

At the moment I'm giving Sunday a miss.
I might slowly introduce the double Faster, higher, Stronger class back into my early morning Saturday routine. You're done by 10.45am, feel great and you're free to fill the rest of your day as you please.

Anyway, this is my motivation. This below and those rock hard abs above, which are mine by the way! ;)


This was about 2 years ago when I was at my slimmest I'd been for years. Granted it's only about 7lbs less than I weigh just now but still, I know I'll feel better about myself when I get back there.

A funny thing happened last week too. I weighed myself. I know, I know you shouldn't really do that during Christmas but much to my utter surprise I've only gone and managed to lose 2 pounds. I know! I don't know how I did that either. It's a Christmas miracle.

In all seriousness, I think it might be due to the fact I didn't eat as much carbs. I opted for a slice of grilled bacon and an egg for breakfast most days of the holiday. I mean it can't be all down to that but it played a part I think. I'm not a believer in diets but i do think I could eat healthier and that's what I tried to do. In saying that i totally ate loads of chocolate (my great big downfall). I've scoffed one Terry's chocolate orange; two bags of Thornton's strawberry creams; most of a tub of Jacob's cheese lets; ice cream; a bag of chips from the chippy; fudge; a large Galaxy Caramel bar; some Quality Street sweets (all over the two week period)... need i go on. So you'll see, there be no diets going on around these parts. But looking at that list right there I know that i need to cut some of that very bad but oh so tasty stuff down (I'll never cut it right out) and start introducing more vegetables and fruits. So that's one to stick on a list, say, of resolutions, maybe...

Angela

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for reading. Leave a comment! I read them all x