Bowery Mural

A wee cheeky midnight post

Saturday 27 June 2009

'Tis the season of the festival...

Glastonbury is on the telly just now but I'm not liking Neil Young. Sorry any fans of his out there. I remember sitting watching Glastonbury in 2007 and being mesmerised by Arcade Fire. It was a great performance they gave. The music just seemed to build up to a great crescendo and there were about 15 musicians on the stage such is the size of he band. Here it is incase you don't know who Arcade Fire are. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jq6M4PWKvq4

Bruce Springsteen headlines the pyramid stage tomorrow night and I'm undecided whether to watch it or not. You see I'm going to see him at Hampden in a few weeks and don't want to know the set list in case it's the same... dilemma!

I've not been to many concerts in my time but have to say that Coldplay are still one of the best bands I've seen live. They are also one of my favourites so does that make me biased? Saw them three times now and the best had to be November 2005 Palau St Jordi, Barcelona. It. Was. Amazing!!! Went to SECC in December to see them and they were ace too but perhaps I don't like that huge hall. Or maybe our seats weren't that great... something was just missing.

Snow Patrol are another favourite and I was lucky enough to go to an intimate gig in Edinburgh last year for their album launch. Gary Lightbody's voice just melts my heart! aaaahhhh....

Anyway I digress, the festival music season is here. I love music. I love nice songs. I'll listen to anything once, just to see what it's like. Music i suppose has always been in my life from early on. Dad being a drummer in a band in his youth - no he wasn't a Beatle ha ha. New Year was always spent at my granda's house where there'd be more than a few sing-songs with tunes of old and to this day they are still sung at our house at New Year. Old classics. Music can bridge the age gap, it unites. Why is that?...

Oops, this was meant to be a wee cheeky midnight post and it's way past the hour of 00:00.
Must dash, up early tomorrow, Ben Starav...

Ange xx

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for reading. Leave a comment! I read them all x