Bowery Mural

First, a hunner then, a thousand!

Friday 18 September 2009

A few weeks ago I reached my 100th blog post and now today I have reached my 1000th blog viewing since I installed the stats counter!! Not bad eh. It was a visitor from Basildon in Essex. They drop by every now and again so Hi to you and all other regulars whoever you may be but can I ask? leave a wee comment every now and again. :o)

I enjoy writing on my blog as well as reading other folks blogs. And I like to think the folks reading here are doing so because they enjoy what I write about, granted not much has been of mountains lately but I'm working on that soon. Besides.. new kit will arrive within the next week or two... and it's green!!!!! so it is a must that it gets tested out before the snow falls - yikes!!

Also to come is a post (or series of posts - I've not decided yet) about 'Firsts' (mountain related of course!). I've received quite a few accounts of different peoples mountain 'Firsts' and I thank them very much for their stories and photies. Don't worry I haven't forgotten I'm waiting on a few stragglers getting back to me.

Wednesday night I went to see Coldplay at Hampden Park in Glasgow. It was amazing!! Jay-Z was the 'support' act and he was fab too. I'm now listening to an hour of the gig on Jo Whiley's show on Radio 1. Sounds good. I got great photies and videos too. That was my 5th time of seeing Coldplay and I still love them. One of my favourite songs of theirs being The Scientist from the Rush of Blood to the Head album. It's a song (and album) that came out at a time in my life when I was kinda lost. It is still played in this household at least 3 times a week!...

Anyway - I'm off on a long weekend this weekend, still trying to use up holidays! I may get out somewhere on Saturday/Sunday or even Monday but tonight... I'm going to see this seasons first 'snow'! honest... Let me explain. At work, University of Stirling, this is Fresher's Week and tonight will mark the end of Fresher's Week and the start of serious studying from all those good students! (aye right!) but anyway tonight is an event called RailJam (run by the Students Union) where 20 ton of 'real' snow will be brought in to make a ski jump with snowboarders, skiers and folk fighting it out for prizes. Music, stalls and it's all free so I'm taking The Boy along. Why not drop in if you're in the area?? 7-10pm. Car park near the main entrance.

Ange xx

nearly forgot,
Musical Update:
Sweet Disposition by The Temper Trap - great sing turn it up loud!
Coldplay - anything really!
She Sells Sanctuary by The Cult - loved this for years and years and years, since it was in a lucozade advert years ago!!
Kings of Leon Only by the Night album - still fab nearly a year on.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for reading. Leave a comment! I read them all x