Bowery Mural

Solitude and Dreams

Monday 12 March 2012

Solitude. It can be a lonely thing, solitude. But it can be good for the soul. A time to reflect on your life with the clarity that being around people can't ever bring. I like doing things on my own. Mini adventures. I'm out there doing stuff, free as a bird. No one to answer to. No one to fret over when they're away...what are they up to, who are they talking to. Hastily checking their phone when they go to the toilet and hoping it goes into sleep mode before they return so that you're not found out. Free.

As I entered into my thirty fifth year on this earth last week I wondered if I'll always live a life of solitude having these mini adventures by myself. I hope not. I want to have mini adventures and share them with someone special. Someone who deserves to join me on these mini adventures. And big giant huge adventures too. Life is an adventure of sorts in itself. Or so they say. It certainly seems to be holding something back for me I feel. My best adventure is yet to come. I've a feeling it won't be long until I'm on it, if my dreams and intuition are anything to go by. You see I have huge dreams. Vivid. Like the sort that when you wake up you believe for a split second that you're there. But you're not of course. Not yet anyways. But you will be. It won't be long.
I often wonder how people go about putting their dreams in motion. Where do you begin? How do you get it all started? Who can help you?

When I was little I dreamt of becoming an architect or designer of some sort. I used to design the inside of caravans. Don't laugh. That was when I was about eight. I've still got those drawings. And one I did of Micky mouse. It's pretty good. Anyways I digress.

What is your dream? Is anybody out there actually living their dream life? or has life in general gotten in the way. Did you always think you'd be sitting in an office banging on about some guff that you read in a book or heard at some dodgy conference run by folk who aren't experts (exclamation mark). I'll bet very few people in this life are living out their dreams. That's my guess.

So, the dream life... Where do you begin? How do you get it all started? Who can help you?

Angela x

.

1 comment:

Thank you for reading. Leave a comment! I read them all x