1. Hair. if you know me you'll know how much I have a sense of dread every time I have to go to a hairdresser. It's because I've had so many disasters with either cut or colour. You see I feel that most hairdressers don't know how to cut curly hair properly. And when I ask for mid blonde highlights I really don't want to end up with bright orange streaks. I did get my hair cut and coloured at Jones and Payne when I visited London last year. I highly recommend them if you are near to them. That was April. So I plucked up the courage and did a bit of research on hairdressers in September and chose a salon that came with a high end price list to go long with it's high praise reviews. Granted the cut was fine but she totally didn't do the colour I wanted. I asked for my own natural colour on top with sort of ombre/dip dyed lighter ends. I got the lighter ends but what I ended up on top was a mahogany shade akin to Cheryl Cole in her reddish X Factor heyday. Totally too dark for me and actually it put me on a downer until it had grown out a bit. Anyway...I've ummed and aahed for ages and decided I'd stay closer to home and tried one salon in town that I've always avoided. However, when I went to book the appointment I was seen by the hairdresser who'd be doing my hair. She was a lovely girl who seemed to understand exactly what I wanted. Last Saturday was D-day and it has turned out fine. I wouldn't say I'm blown over by it. The cut is great, I only want a tiny bit snipped off the ends. And the colour is cool but I could do with a few more lighter ends. But at least I'm no longer really dark. It's actually nice and beachy for the summer coming in. Woo. Oh and all credit to her for blow drying it big and curly with only a round barrelled brush. It was really lovely then.
2. Got a lovely little spray tan. It's amazing that a tan (albeit a fake one) can make your outlook a bit more sunnier. Even if only for a few days. It's not every week I indulge in this form of beauty therapy but every once in a while, you know, it's nice to feel good. I'm probably a psychologists dream client talking that nonsense.
3. I had the house to myself for a few hours on a week night. It was lush. I made dinner watched tv on the big telly. My little 17" tv is great and all but sometimes it's good to watch things on the big screen. Simple things eh.
4. I discovered this article, via Ste Doyle on Facebook, about introverts. It's called Why the world needs Introverts and it's from The Guardian. As an introvert myself I was delighted with the idea that we aren't weirdo's with nothing much to say and that we in fact complement extroverts. So stop putting us down, okay. Have a read though. It's pretty good.
5. ill Manors by Plan B. Brilliant! A look at last summers London Riots and what has gone wrong in a society where young people feel detached and alone. Not condoning them by any means but trying to give a view as to the whys and what can be done to ...help (for want of a better word). Really interesting too is his interview where he explains a bit about the song. Here....Enjoy.