Bowery Mural

Awkward and Awesome

Thursday 24 March 2011

Thursday again and we all know what that means!!... another awkward and awesome post from the past week.

Awkward
  • There's a strike on at work today and if I'm honest I'm not exactly sure what it's about. Maybe I should find out. But it's awkward when a student calls to ask if classes will be on and I don't know what to tell them. Most aren't on but some are. 
  • You follow a link to a story, then you click on a link to a website from that story, and you discover the person's website, who by the way makes out they are some big shot, their website is actually pretty horrible. Horrible to navigate, horrible to look at, horrible to understand and horrible to read from . You wish you could tell them but they think they are great so you don't bother. They have an ugly website, their ploblem. 
  • You get a letter in the post and its addressed to @Ange77H and you have to explain to whole Twitter thing to your parents. They kinda get it. During a TV programme or some other historical event, i get asked 'waht's Twitter saying about it?'. Cute eh.

Awesome
  • Emails from friends. I really do like them. Send me some more. Please.
  • Baked cakes for my Aunty Mary's 65th birthday during the week.
  • Making lovely hearts from multi-rainbow-coloured paper and sending a few tweets to sheer people up with a heart. I think it worked!
  • Finding more great links for brilliant websites. I love finding hidden gems. I mightnshare some with you later.
  • I'm heading to Edinburgh tonight for the Edinburgh Twestival. A festival of people, mostly from Twitter, coming together to raise cash for charity. Music, food, raffles! It happens all over the world on the same day so go check out your local city and see if there's one near you. If you're rading this from anywhere in fron of us like, err, Australia, you've maybe already been to one.
  • The first formula one race of the season begins this weekend and I cannot wait. I LOVE F1 and I don't care who knows it. It doesn't seem that long since the end of last season. Time flies. 
  • The new shoes i bought on a whim last Saturday, Awesome. Fact.
Come share your awkward and awesomeness then check out The Daybook here.

Angela x

.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for reading. Leave a comment! I read them all x