Bowery Mural

Emotions

Wednesday 16 March 2011

You know when you have one of those days that you seem to feel low. I'm not saying I'm totally grumpy because i wasn't today but i just felt like I need a huge big hug from someone. I still do.

I was at the dentist on Monday and had two fillings. Note: I wasn't in pain or anything but she noticed at my last check up that i needed the. So... Lower left hand side and upper right hand side. She wired right into me with the jags without even numbing the area first. Scaled and polished my teeth then set about doing the fillings. I could taste blood. The lower one took longer than expected and the upper one was causing me some pain but not bad.  It was more the whining noise of the wee tiny drill that was shooting right up past my eye and into my brain.

I left the dentist with a prescription and went to the chemist to collect then headed back to work. My mouth was numb and my tongue felt like it was hanging out like a big sloppy St Bernard dog. It wasn't, i don't think! the numbness started to fade as the day went on and i took a couple of painkillers as the pain was bad. Really bad.

Tuesday passed without much incident and only slight pain but today I couldn't and can't really eat on the right hand side as I catch myself testing it and even if i apply the slightest pressure I can feel a shooting pain. So this had me in a little downer today, much like when i got my car back from the garage after spending £600 and it still having the same problem as it had when it went in.

So I turned to Twitter to try to cheer me up and a few people did just that. I got a cup of tea and what was left of my working afternoon was fine as my mind had been taken off the pain. A few words and a laugh did that. Among the words were "I love you" from wondrous Carly (I stole one of her words: wondrous). Her saying that actually brought a tear to my eyes, in a good way. I am so glad to have people like this in my life. All of you good twitter folk. Glad. Happy. Honoured to have you all as my friends. I know the real ones.

Tonight driving home from spin class, i was thinking about a few of you and my family and Ryan and Connor and my plans for them and I got a bit emotional. Glad it was dark and foggy so no one seen me!

Thank you for being here. Thank you for being there. Thank you for being you, the genuine lovely people I have grown to love and continue to admire with each passing day. Keep being awesome.

Happy Birthday to my beautiful wee cousin Catherine Anne. Not so wee now at 25. Big love xxx

Angela xx

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for reading. Leave a comment! I read them all x