Bowery Mural

#NOTD: Essie After School Boy Blazer

Tuesday 8 October 2013

Navy.

 photo EssieAfterSchoolBoyBlazer_1_zps1d99b440.jpg

It seems to be a thing this season. Navy. Navy is everywhere. From my coolest new H&M premium collection handbag to my new Primark socks to the new hue to grace my nail polish drawer.

Here we have a navy cream called After School Boy Blazer from Essie's autumn collection.

 photo Photo07-10-2013181220_zpsb5c0d0d6.jpg

I haven't really had a navy in my collection. I have a few pastel blues and a really amazing inkjet blue shimmer polish from Leighton Denny but i'd never been a one for just navy nails. Until now.

It really is the perfect navy colour. Really opaque with one coat I found but for a flawless look you might want to add two coats. Settles on the nails and gives a really nice dark with a twist finish. I love it, and i thought i'd gone more of a pink person. It seems the leaves on the ground and the nip in the air has muted my personal colour palette and i'm kind of okay with the navy.

 photo EssieAfterschoolboyblazer_zps74410e20.jpg

It's easy to apply with the brilliant Essie wide brush. I go on about this all the time but the brush can really make or break my decision to apply a polish. I have to really steady my hands with a thin brush which can then take ages to do. I like the wide brush for a quick and smooth application. A couple of strokes on each nail and you're done.

Good stuff.

Angela

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for reading. Leave a comment! I read them all x