Bowery Mural

Featured on VSCO weekly selects

Monday 4 August 2014










































Last week I was scrolling through my Twitter time line during a break in some Commonwealth Games sporting action and happened upon a picture collage. Inside that collage I thought I recognised one of my very own snaps. "Nah, it couldn't be! Could it?".

It was a picture collage posted by the @VSCO twitter account (above) and included a link along with the picture collage to a feature they do called Weekly Selects. I clicked in it and scrolled down to what I was sure was one of my snaps and YES, there it was. My name!! I knew it! This was the picture, below. The staircase from the Jim Lambie exhibition at the Fruitmarket Gallery in Edinburgh.



Now, incase you don't know what VSCO is or who they are, here's some brief information. VSCO stands for Visual Supply Co. According to their website "VSCO is passionate about creating beautiful and efficient digital tools for the modern creative." Amongst the products they have is one of the many photography apps I use on my iPhone - VSCOcam. If you don't have it on your phone then I highly recommend you download it now as it really is a comprehensive photo app with many features and filters that you can use to tweak your photos to make them look their best. I tend to use it for the good stuff. The stuff I want to keep and post to my VSCO Grid - which you can view on the web version of VSCO. 

You can find and follow other people's VSCO Grids too but as far as I know you can't 'like' pictures in the way that you can on Instagram. I don't mind that though since you tend to get a better quality of picture over there. Well, less pictures of food and cats and certainly no selfies (yeeha!). At least I haven't seen any selfies on there.

I was overjoyed by this and RT'd it and thanked them very much for selecting me.

About an hour later I got a notification that I'd been tagged in one of their Instagram pictures too. (They tag all of the people they feature). That was very cool. But soon after that I started to get loads and loads of notifications of people 'liken' my pictures and following me there. I don't know how people with thousands of followers who regularly get millions of likes, cope. Turn the notifications off I suppose.



I thought I'd share my little brief piece of fame on the Internet with you. I know it's not much but I was thrilled and I've only been using it a short while. I've been on Instagram from the very beginning and still haven't had one of my photos featured anywhere by them.

What are your favourite photography apps? I'm always looking for new ones.

Angela x

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for reading. Leave a comment! I read them all x