Bowery Mural

Music and Words

Tuesday 11 October 2011

Music. Music plays a big part in my life as I'm sure it does for you too. I've never been a trend setter going out and searching for new bands or anything. I'm more of a hear a song and kinda like it person. I tend to get a cd and listen to it for months on the car and then change to another one. With the little deviational detour in between times.

It's only when things happen in your life and you really start to listen to the words of songs that they take on new meaning. I have a cd in the car that i made up myself from iTunes, it's relatively recent songs that i liked and i swear to whatever god you pray to that the songs have taken on new meaning in the past few months. It's strange. I find myself driving along singing these words and it hits me that some of these words i should be saying out loud to people (or persons), various.

I won't rhyme off the reasons why I should be saying the things that I should. If only I could, then perhaps the words would mean something totally different. Does that make any sense at all? I hope so.

Music can trigger feelings inside you that you forgot were there. Last week I saw someone played a jokey spoofy one hit wonder song on Spotify and i remembered wee John liked it so very much and it made me smile with love remembering him. I hear the name of an artist and i'm taken back to a great day out and a lot of laughs since. I hear a guitar riff and i think of a good friend who plays guitar. All of this is what music does to you. Elation. Emotion. Heartache. Belly laughs. Shivers down your spine. Wry smiles of remembrance. And above all a good old fashioned sing along in your car, music blaring no one can hear you and you're lost in that 3 or 4 minutes. Bliss.

Here's one of the songs... I like it.



Angela xx


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for reading. Leave a comment! I read them all x