Bowery Mural

The Simple Things

Thursday 3 November 2011

Last week was a week of polar opposites. It started brilliantly with meeting Miss Andi Kiss in Glasgow. She is fab. We walked, had dinner and lots and lots of chats. So fab. I'd say a 10 out of 10 day. Tuesday came and went. I needed a relaxing day. Saw a friend at lunch, had a wee catch up. Played with Connor at home. Nice. Wednesday was my Instagram walk. Great fun. Nice day too, weatherwise. Good. Thursday back to work. In itself fine. Friday last day of the working week (although i cheated with only actually two working days). As the day went on something came over me. Not sure what. A feeling.

I went to spin as usual. It was good. Hot bike boy was there. I mused how his tattoos do not seem to match his personality. He seems to be a bit quiet. Won't look you in the eye, that kind. Anyway, distracted there...

Got home from spin and that feeling was still hanging around. I had a little exchange, a talking to you could say, from a generous and lovely lady who is really very positive, even when things perhaps aren't going her way. An admirable quality that I like. I had a little cry. It's good to get it out sometimes don't you think.

Saturday I decided to just chill out. Relax. Try to get my mind of things. I did that. Sunday was a day out with my sister and the boys. She was going shopping for an outfit. I just wanted a day out. The boys only wanted something to eat. We passed a few toy shops but no...food was on their minds. It was a nice day out if a bit stressful.

By this time I was feeling much better. A few thoughts were still swirling around in my head like autumn leaves blowing in the blustery winds. Round and around they went, these thoughts. They're still there now. Their swirling is not as severe as the other day, as you see, I've got a few things sorted. I thought let's strip everything right back to the bare bones and find out the simple pleasures in life again. Those little things that may not even be thought of until they are over with. And so that's what this post is about... the simple things. What do you like? Here's a few of mine.

  • Warm fluffy towel when getting out the shower.
  • Clean fresh bed linen.
  • A smile from a loved one.
  • A tweet from a friend.
  • A text from someone you cherish.
  • The first drink from a can of Irn Bru.
  • Home made macaroni cheese. It's a hug on a plate.
  • A line from a song.
  • Random acts of kindness, that really aren't random. More on this later. In fact I'm going to write a whole blog post about those.
  • Crafting. Making things with your own hands. 
  • Taking your shoes off at the end of the day and putting your feet up.
  • A memory that comes to you at the strangest of moments and gives you that warm fuzzy feeling and a smile on your face. That. 
Those are some of the simple things that I love.
What are yours?

Angela xx




1 comment:

  1. Ooh I have been meaning to update my 'grace in small things' post for last year for a while, i might do this over on my own blog sometime.

    My week has been pretty stable, actually apart from a blip on saturday night I haven't been up and down for a while, I am sure that won't last though!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for reading. Leave a comment! I read them all x