Bowery Mural

My night at the Mumford's (and Sons)

Sunday 9 December 2012

On Wednesday night i set off to Glasgow to see Mumford and Sons play at the SECC. I'd been wanting to see them for aaaages and when the tour was announced i snapped up a ticket straight away. The gig sorta came around pretty quickly but i couldn't wait to see them.

I'd seen a few performances on TV and liked what i saw. I like a band who can play 'live' and still sound the same - hello Kings of Leon!

I like this style of music. I won't label it as some people are really persnickety about these things, but folky rocky pop might just about do it some justice. They played hard for about an hour and a half and I swear it sounded just as good as it does on the cd. Various other musicians came on stage at certain songs; trumpets, violins, drums... GREAT!

I'm not really a fan of the SECC as a venue. It's just a big warehouse really and that night it did stink a bit from the chicken stall. Frying fat smell... eeuww.

The gig was really great. They played new songs and old and the crowd were pretty into it. I did wish i was in the standing area until i was reminded why i'll never buy anything other than a seated ticket to a gig - the stupids who throw beer tumblers and it goes everywhere. Why people, why?!

Anyway, it was a good gig nonetheless and i couldn't but think that I wished I was sharing these moments with someone...

Here's a few photos. iPhone shots so they may be 1) blurry or 2) quite far away. Enjoy.


Angela x

.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for reading. Leave a comment! I read them all x