Bowery Mural

In a huff with the BBC, still.

Sunday 15 April 2012

Yes, that's right. I'm in a huff with the BBC because of their giving away of the Formula 1 coverage to the mighty behemoth that is Sky. I know, I know, money plays a huge part and with much publicised BBC cutbacks (they also got rid of SFTW), I know that something had to give. But why? Why!

I'm laying in bed watching the first live race of the BBC F1 season. The Chinese grand prix. Chinese grand prix! Why didn't they have the first race live, the Australian? I like that one and it's the FIRST RACE OF THE SEASON!! You'd think they try to appease the millions of fans that Jake Humphrey is always bragging about. Obviously we don't mean that much. AND they let Martin Brundle go over to the dark side (Sky). Aside from Murray Walker himself, Martin Brundle is formula one for me. As I've huffed and puffed for a few weeks I've been reminding myself that I've been glued to races on tv for at least 15 or more years. I'm getting old. But it really is one of my favourite sports to watch. Some people find it really boring and procession like but I love it and will definitely see a race live in person at some point.

Now don't get me wrong I like the BBC presenting team. Jake, Eddie Jordan and DC David Coulthard but I really am missing the Brundle, because now they've got that wee guy with the sharp features whose done the British touring cars for years, Ben Edwards. He's not bad, he's just not the Brundle.

Anyhow, I might get over my huff soon but only on one condition...at the last race (Malaysia, not live on BBC), the extended highlights were on tv about 1pm, somewhere between the River City omnibus and the antiques roadshow. well we were on about lap 5 and the pit lane reporter, Lee McKenzie (whom I also like btw, she's really good) made a huge boo boo mistake. She, being on Malaysian time, RT'd a tweet from someone who'd snapped the second place driver on top of his car celebrating with the huge number two sign right beside him!!! So, there, we had not even passed 10 laps of the highlights race on tv and she'd given away one of the podium spots. Cue big wah wah wah music. I tweeted her but never got a reply.

But it's stuff like that that annoys me. Also, people live tweeting all the way through he races. Have some thought for those of us who don't have Sky (nor live races) or who can't get a live feed. Tweeting every single fucking corner of the race is just stupidly annoying but also not considerate of others. Got it? Good.

I'm sure I'll get over this huff I have with the BBC. Only if they don't talk up moody face Lewis Hamilton's prospects of winning the championship at every single race though. So annoying and such a moody wee boy.

Wink face.

Angela x

.



- Posted using BlogPress from my iPad

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for reading. Leave a comment! I read them all x