Bowery Mural

#NOTD Essie Skirting The Issue

Thursday 11 October 2012

I've been really getting into dark red, burgundy, vampy if you like, nails. I bought Head Mistress from Essie's Autumn (Fall) Stylenomics range a few weeks back and i was really disappointed when i opened the packet it was in. From swatches I'd seen I was expecting a true apple red like the apple from Snow White, it looked like that in swatches. What I had in my hand was a darker red colour, leaning towards wine. I was sure it had been labelled wrongly. I applied it and was surprised again because it looked slight different again. More like the swatches I'd seen on the web. Then I took a picture and realised that the swatches must have been taken with a flash or in bright light because it now looked like the swatches. Thing is, in normal light it was darker than i wanted. It was a mid tone blue tone cool red, i think. That classic shade. Anyway, with the thought that i had a wrongly labelled bottle still in my head, i went to my local Boots who miraculously had this new range in. I compared it to the other red tone colours and in fact Head Mistress was the lightest red shade of them all. Hmmm.

#PicFrame
Top is with flash, Bottom no flash. Left: Skirting the Issue, Right: Head Mistress

But I tried out another colour and here it is...
Essie Skirting The Issue from the Stylenomics range.

Untitled
Skirting the issue, flash used
It's a wine colour. A creme jelly like consistency. It almost looks transparent in the bottle. Like you can see through it. With the now much coveted wider brush from Essie, this applied well. I have one coat on and no top coat. (You know how I can't bare the faffing about with a top coat). I change my nail colour every couple of days. Or have a few days bare nails per week.

I think this is similar to Bahama Mama, also from Essie, but it's not an exact dupe. This is more reddish, where as  I think Bahama Mama is a more purple toned burgundy shade. Also very lovely too though.

Untitled
Skirting the issue, Bahama Mama, Head Mistress (L to R)
These will probably be staples throughout the autumn winter months. I can see Skirting The Issue being on my nails at Christmas party nights with a black outfit. Nice.

Untitled
skirting the issue, 1 coat
What are you wearing on your nails just now? boys? :)
Angela x
.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for reading. Leave a comment! I read them all x